So... a couple of weeks ago I went on a scouting trip up Broads Fork to peruse a route connecting East and West Twin, No Name, Sunset and Dromedary Peaks. This was to be in preparation for an upcoming hike where we would be ideally hitting all 5. The plan was to be gone for 6-8 hours. We were gone 12. Here's why:
Those lovely peaks are supposed to be brown. We were aiming more for a hike. You know, on dirt. This is instead what we did:Frankly, we're lucky that my fear of heights made it impossible for me to really form coherent thoughts at this particular moment. I assure you there was plenty of conversation in my head, none of which was probably suitable for publication.
From this spot you could see Kenecott, the airport, the Unitah's, Mount Olympus and a gray smog like substance that nestles the lovely Salt Lake Valley in its carcinogenic bosom. Ahhhhh, breathe it all in. It was awesome.
2 comments:
Holy cow...I am impressed!
Steph - I am sorry, but that video made the ascent look miserable. Yeesh.
Post a Comment