Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I love mountain biking. I also love my bike. I have been riding the septic green machine for the last year because black beauty suffered an injury on the White Rim. I enjoy the septic green machine. It's like cake. Is there a bad flavor of cake? No. Just like there isn't a bad mountain bike. But I prefer yellow cake with chocolate frosting. That's how I view my black Stumpy. It's the best yellow cake with chocolate frosting I've ever tasted. I finally got it fixed and it's back on tour. I love it so much I wrote a poem. More of a prayer really. I bow my head when I think about it.

Oh black Stumpjumper
Hallowed be thy name
For riding fun,
you're #1
On dirt,
or if I have to,
pavement.

Here are some pics from our latest bike adventures. We rode a Utah classic, the Wasatch Crest last week. This is the reason one rides mountain bikes. The sweetest singletrack around.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Steph, that poem was beautiful. Have your ever considered a new profession?