Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Okay. Post #4 and the last one for a bit. Here are some pics from our ride on the 24th with Bretsky and Jay. We rode from Big Mountain Pass to Parley's Summit. I'm not sure how to describe this "trail." If you're wondering if I'm using air quotes, I am. You just used them too. It's okay. No need to hide your head in shame. If ever there was a situation for the use of air quotes, it's this one. Exhibit #1-This is the trail. Having a hard time finding it? So did we. A machete or a blow torch would have been useful. I just never think of these things until it's too late. Trails like this are fun in an "oh please no rocks, no rocks, no rocks, oh crap, rock, hole, crevasse or mud pit!" kind of way. Bret's stitches are a testament to that last one.



Exhibit #2-Hike-a-bike. I admit it. I've never thought to bring a chain saw on a ride. Perhaps I should be more open minded to the idea.


This was an exhausting, intense and overall good time. Lot's of climbing and descending only to climb right back up,back down and up, and down, well you get the idea. It was crazy. Definitely an adventure. Dare I say, an epic adventure. Not even Bret's stitches could dampen our spirits. We'll, I guess the only spirits they would have dampened were Bret's but he was a good sport. How could you not like this?

1 comment:

tburt said...

Great blog! I missed not going on the White Rim this year with Brett, Steph, and Aaron. I was glad to see that the weather must have forced some unexpected clothing choices, just like the year we went.

I was very disappointed, however, not have have seen the ding dong lantern oven. I figured by now that that puppy would have a patent and be selling like hotcakes.

On a side note, I have been prepping for my own yearly adventure, a ride from Gardner, MA to Sharon, VT on the 20th of Aug. Too bad for me I found out today that my bike frame is cracked. Yea me, Specialized has offered to replace the frame with a new, better one....but it will take too long to get the new frame and build it up with my old parts. Looks like I am on SAG duty. Glad to know why I was getting speed wobbles every time I would go over 40 MPH.

Take care everyone.

When we moved to Boston my PC died and I lost your email addresses, so shoot me a line.
ctburt28@gmail.com

Todd