It's fun to say and even more fun to hike. We've tried to hike Gobbler's multiple times from multiple trails. We've gotten lost on more than one occasion. You'd think it would be hard to get lost when the peak is directly in front of you but we have a certain skill that is paramount to getting lost. The power of non-observation. This time however we had a plan. Pick a route that is much longer than the normal approach and that you heard about from some random ladies on the trail so you can't possibly get specific directions, and go for it. Shockingly, this was the smoothest attempt, nay, successful attempt we've had. This trail is a thigh burner from the get go. Steep would be a gentle description. It's a cellulite slayer. I was actually standing on the trail just a few yards away when I took these pictures. This is the ultimate workout. 

Burning calories while getting an amazing view. And you don't have to sterilize any equipment from the nasty Sasquatch who used it before you with back hair that looks like a latch hook project. It's a win win. We made it to the top via the Alexander Basin trail and returned on Bowman Fork. We're even smiling at the top, 10,242 feet. I highly recommend this. The wild flowers were incredible and everything is still so green. You can see the Twin Peaks from my last adventure in the background, still with snow. I can even offer specific directions. I would go for the vague option though. It makes things much more exciting.






Burning calories while getting an amazing view. And you don't have to sterilize any equipment from the nasty Sasquatch who used it before you with back hair that looks like a latch hook project. It's a win win. We made it to the top via the Alexander Basin trail and returned on Bowman Fork. We're even smiling at the top, 10,242 feet. I highly recommend this. The wild flowers were incredible and everything is still so green. You can see the Twin Peaks from my last adventure in the background, still with snow. I can even offer specific directions. I would go for the vague option though. It makes things much more exciting.




No comments:
Post a Comment